This compares 5 of the top Android 3 tablets in the market. This means that they all use the Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system. The criteria of the comparison will fall on the specs, features, and of course the price. Hopefully it will be a great guide for you in choosing the best Android 3 Tablet PCs.
5 Best Android 3 Tablets
1. Motorola Xoom – The Motorola Xoom is the very first tablet in the market released in February 2011 that uses the Android 3 Honeycomb OS. This Android 3 Tablet comes with a pricey price tag of $800 which is one of its downsides. It has a 10.1 inch capacitive touchscreen like that of iPad with a resolution of 1280 x 800. It can record video and playback on 1080p with a bright and vivid picture. The Xoom has an NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual Core processor which is a proffered processor of most tech-geeks since it is lightning-fast. The Hard drive memory is 32 GB (1 GB RAM) and can be expanded through the SD Memory Card. When it comes to portability, it can weigh heavier since it has 730 grams weight. The Xoom’s Aesthetics is topnotch.
2. ASUS Eee Pad Transformer – A unique Android 3 Tablet PC from ASUS, released on April 26, 2011, is a tablet PC that turns into a netbook by docking on the keyboard. It is priced relatively lower than the Xoom since its only $499. Like the Xoom, it is powered by Dual Core NVIDIA Tegra 2 Processor on 1 GHz and a RAM of 512 MB to 1 GB. The built-in memory is 16 or 32 GB which can also be expanded through Micro SD Card. The strong points of this tablet rely on its overall performance and the battery life. The battery life on tablet form alone is about 8 hours and if used with a docking keyboard, it can reach up to 16 hours. It weighs lighter than Xoom at only 680 grams. The dimensions of Eee pad are 10.66 x 6.29 x 0.50787 inches with an IPS screen having the size of 10.1 inches (1280 x 800 pixels resolution). Like the Xoom, it can record videos on 1080p.
3. ACER A500 Tab – has been released on April 15, 2011. Like the 2 tablets mentioned above, this Android 3 Tablet has a 10.1 inch screen, which is a TFT type. The recording and playback of video on a 720p resolution can be pretty decent. It also has the Tegra 2 Dual Core Processor that keeps the operation of Android 3 Honeycomb fast and smooth. It weighs 730 grams which is heavier than ASUS. The only downside of the ACER A500 is the low capacity of its battery which means the battery life can be low. Starting price is $499 on Acer.com
4. HTC Flyer – Released just this year by HTC with Android 3 honeycomb operating system. The screen size is 7 inches with a resolution of 1024 x 600. It has a camera in both rear and front; however, it has no flash. The recording is also at 720p, the same as the Acer A500. It has built in memory of 32 GB which can be expanded via Micro SD card. The Processor is 1.5 GHz which can be fast too. It weighs lighter which is 420 grams with dimensions of 7.69 x 4.80 x 0.52 inches so it’s pretty thin. But the biggest downside it has is the expensive price at $899.
5. LG Optimus Pad – The LG Optimus Pad has unique capacitive touch screen with a size of 8.9 inches. It also has video recording resolution of 1080p. Like most tablets running the Android 3 Honeycomb, it utilizes Tegra 2 Dual Core processor. It has an internal memory of 32 GB, but it cannot be expanded. The dimensions of LG Optimus Pad is 9.56 x 5.86 x 0.512 inches and weighs 630 grams. Like the Xoom it is priced nearly at $799.
The overall winner of the best Android 3 Tablets is the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer. The excellent battery life, the convertible style that makes it very versatile, outstanding screen resolution and other features makes it a great tablet PC that runs Google Android 3 Honeycomb. Not only it carries high end features, but also, it bears a great price at $499, far cheaper than Xoom and Flyer. So the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer deserves two-thumbs up. We hope this helps you choose the best Android 3 Tablet for you